Here at The Learning Rx, the top brain training franchise, we all want to know how we can lead a lifestyle that will help to maintain and improve our vibrant brains. Today we’re going to give you some of the biggest and most influential habits of those with high effective brains.
- Taking care of your nutrition is one of the biggest things you can do to keep your brain effective. Did you know that the brain only weighs 2% of body mass but consumesgood brain food over 20% of the oxygen and nutrients we intake? As a general rule, you don’t need expensive ultra-sophisticated nutritional supplements, just make sure you don’t stuff yourself with the “bad stuff”.
- Exercise well because your brain is part of your body. Things that exercise your body can also help enhance your brain!
- Practice positive, future-oriented thinking until it becomes your default mindset. Stress and anxiety, no matter whether induced by external events or by your own thoughts, actually kills neurons and prevent the creation of new ones.
- Learning and mental challenges will help your brain thrive. The point of having a brain is precisely to learn and to adapt to challenging new environments. Once new neurons appear in your brain, where they stay in your brain and how long they survive depends on how you use them.
- Aim high! As far as we know, we’re the only self-directed organisms on this planet! Once you graduate from college, keep learning. Once you become too comfortable in one job, find a new one.